Hit Counter provided by orange county divorce attorney
visitors & counting
More Tokong than Tokong
Source: Clement Hii – Facebook
The Pakatan MPs had been screaming their heads off against the controversial Pota Bill and its possible abuses if passed as law. Then they went missing at the most crucial moment of the final vote. If talk is cheap, then being absent and silent is rather expensive.
Pota Bill: The missing-in-action Pakatan MPs
It looks more like a pasar tani than a protest judging from the pathetic turn out at Padang Merbok today.
In short, the PAS organised anti-GST has become a complete failure.
Those who turned up preferred to stay under the shades of the trees at the side.
By Datuk Huan Cheng Guan,
Head, Centre for Political Awareness
The recent outrage over the arrest of the TMI 5 shows many have missed the point of the arrest.
PDRM’s actions in those arrests uphold the first principle in the Code of ethics of the National Union of Journalists Malaysia (NUJ) which is:
- Respect for truth and for the right of the public to truth is the first duty of the journalists. To defend the freedom of the Press, to deal with the professional conduct of its members and to maintain high ethical standards in journalism.
The arrest has NOTHING to do with stifling freedom of speech or scaring journalists to toe the line with authorities.
The facts of the case are clear.
1. On 25th March, The Malaysian Insider carried an article Council of Rulers opposes amendments needed to enforce hudud (tinyurl.com/q6omek6) which was nothing but a spin as no such thing happened at the meeting.
2. Based on a Bernama statement, The Star (tinyurl.com/q4sbcjz) reported Datuk Seri Syed Danial Syed Ahmad lodged a report at the Jalan Travers police station yesterday denying that a statement had been issued on the Conference of Rulers’ stand on the proposed implementation of hudud.
3. PDRM has been very tolerant of TMI for just last week, TMI wrongly headlined the PM’s speech and erroneously reported the PM said the “Sedition Act is needed to curb terrorism” (tinyurl.com/pvswnrg). Despite a few attempts made by the Prime Minister’s Office to point out the error, TMI has NOT removed or corrected that report.
4. The issue of that highly erroneous article on hudud is different. Action had to be taken because The Malaysian Insider:
- reported an UNTRUTH and made it seem like it happened
- refused to amend the article which is still in TMI even until today
- the error is very serious because if it were perceived as truth, the possibility of a Malay uprising is there
- action was taken based on the police report lodged by the Keeper of the Rulers’ Seal and not because of any other person/parties
Malam ini MPPP roboh pagar besi Kuan Im temple di Pitt Street…Syabas Lim Guan Eng…undi Ubah lagi!
It is a sheer fabrication as the PKR bastards had lifted the plane picture from a website!
This is the level of lies and distortions that have been used and passed around daily via social media.