The birth of a child is a joyous and life-changing event.
The road ahead will undoubtedly be filled with twists and turns, so be prepared with the items you’ll need as you welcome your new, tiny little human into the world.
But, what exactly do you require? Is it absolutely necessary to purchase everything in the ‘baby stuff’ department, or can you do without some items?
We’ve gathered all of the essentials for you in our newborn checklist. If you check off all of these items on your shopping list, you’ll be well-prepared to parent like an expert!
Baby’s first year will necessitate season-appropriate attire. T-shirts, onesies, pyjamas, and other items fall under this category. It’s a good idea to look for clothes that are labelled as ‘0-1 years’ or ‘baby’ in size. While your baby will grow a lot in the first year, you shouldn’t have to worry about them outgrowing their first costumes until they are at least six months old.
Look for apparel that is entirely or nearly entirely made of cotton. Polyester mixes are less expensive (and often better-fitting), but they can irritate a baby’s skin in some situations.
Shop for the following items to ensure you’re prepared to keep your infant safe, warm, and comfortable:
- 4-6 t-shirts for infants
- 6-8 onesies with short sleeves
- 4-6 onesies with long sleeves
- 4–8 sets of pyjamas
- 6-8 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of supple booties (optional before baby walks)
- 4-6 pairs of cotton stretch pants
- 2-4 cotton hoodies or sweaters
- 2 knitted hats
- a hat for the sun
- a couple of pairs of soft baby mittens
- 4-5 clothing that are suited for the season for going out and about
- Bunting and/or infant snowsuit (if you plan to go out in the cold)
- Laundry soap that is soothing
Visit Mamacliqs if you want to buy soft baby mittens for newborn Malaysia.
Modern nurseries are nothing from the ones where our parents and grandparents raised us.
Even with advances in technology that can assist new parents, a secure, inviting, and caring newborn nursery requires some “tried and true” principles.
You’ll need the following items to furnish your new nursery:
- Bassinet or crib with mattress
- A mobile for a baby
- Footrest and glider/rocking chair
- Hamper for the Dresser (ideally with a removable, washable liner)
- Table for changing clothes
- Monitor for the baby
A review of the feeding necessities is a must-have on any newborn baby checklist.
One of the most crucial decisions you’ll have to make is whether to use formula or breastfeed. If you decide to go with a formula, you should be completely comfortable with the ingredients found in most pre-packaged goods.
If you plan to breastfeed for a lengthy period of time, having a plan in place for your baby’s transition to a bottle would be beneficial. Breastfeeding will likely continue until the toddler stage for many new mothers, necessitating a large stock of nursing bras and tank tops!
Don’t forget these feeding essentials as you work your way down your baby’s wish list:
- Pillow for nursing
- Burp cloths (six to eight)
- 2-6 bottles with nipples for newborns
- Brush for bottles
- Bottle holder for diaper bag that is insulated
- 2-4 tank tops and/or nursing bras
- Pumping breast milk
- Bags or bottles for milk storage
- 6 to 8 bibs