Source: LSS Report
1. I read with great amusement the Pakatan Harapan head Lim Kit Siang’s claim that his son Lim Guan Eng had “crossed racial and religious divide to defend the honour of an underaged Malay and Muslim girl who was allegedly raped which resulted in Guan Eng sacrificing himself and going to jail for one year.”
This is an untrue piece of propaganda, out of dozens, that had been repeated countless times by DAP. to fraudulently burnish the image of their leaders.
2. Perhaps Kit Siang forgot that Lim Guan Eng was found guilty by the Court of Appeal for maliciously printing and distributing false news under the Printing Press and Publications Act 1984 and the Sedition Act 1948 – not for defending a Malay and Muslim girl.
3. Initially, he was found guilty and was only asked to pay a RM15,000 fine but Lim Guan Eng refused. He then decided to file an appeal while repeatedly questioned the judges’s decision outside the courts. This resulted in his jail sentence upon the appeal’s court decision.
4. Perhaps Kit Siang forgot that the alleged rapist had sued DAP for defamation which resulted in DAP admitting in court that the said allegations were wholly unfounded?
5. Perhaps Kit Siang forgot that Time Magazine and Asiaweek had also retracted their articles and issued an apology to the alleged rapist after they had repeated DAP’s claims?
6. If the alleged rapist then was not a ruling party politician, it is unlikely that DAP would have pursued such allegations since there would be little political gain.
7. If Kit Siang wishes to continue with his misleading propaganda, I challenge Kit Siang to name the alleged rapist publicly. Failure by Kit Siang to publicly name this person would seriously damage the credibility of his claim.
8. I also request Kit Siang to name how many other Malay and Muslim girls’ honoir – or for that matter, girls from any race or religion – whom Guan Eng had defended in the decades before and after that incident that led to his prison term.