PAS has once again pushed for its Islamic agenda and not giving a damn for the feelings of people of other faiths.
This time, it is making it compulsory for all new buildings in Kelantan to incorporate Islamic designs or else plans will be rejected.
The “or else plans will be rejected” tantamount to be a threat that is democratically wrong and draconian in nature.
Malaysia is a beautiful country blessed with diverse cultures, traditions and multitude of races and beliefs.
PAS has failed as a political party in realising and accepting the realities of the racial structure of the country in pushing ahead with its Islamic ideals down the throat of non-Muslim Malaysians.
Such policies as set by the PAS led government in Kelantan clearly reflects its incorrigible and one track mind of pursuing its Islamic agenda which will see laws such as Hudud being introduced as well.
It would be most insensitive and an infringement of the rights of non-Muslims for wanting to ensure that all development are based on Islamic principles and features.
Any regulation that is structured along racial or religious lines would have a divisive connotation and it would not serve the best interest of the masses.
And yet when we have such laws being introduced, we have the DAP who are brothers within the Pakatan Rakyat coalition watching at the sidelines and being helpless and voiceless.
Just like the hudud law issue, PAS had threatened DAP to leave the coalition if they talked too much or continued to harp on the issue.
And of course DAP would as usual bow down to the threats of their PAS “tai kor” and be an obedient partner.
To the idiots who still believe that PAS gives a damn to non-Muslims, please read some of the below pointers : -
- In 2009, the Alor Star sole pig abattoir was demolished. To date, there is no new replacement abattoir being built in Kedah.
- In 2010, a temple was demolished in Sungai Petani on Wesak Day in the presence of local council enforcement officers.
- PAS has also banned rock concerts, the big sweep lottery, the selling of beer in Kelantan and has restricted women swimming alongside with men.
- The traditional “Tomoi” boxers have been ordered to ditch their skimpy shorts and good-luck talismans.
- Taliban Hadi Awang had also said that he would ban gambling including the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange, now renamed Bursa Saham, if PAS forms the government.
The unimaginable can happen when PAS takes over Putrajaya.